From HD design to Flat 2.0, this free book explains 10 modern web design trends and how to make the most out of them.
Web Design Book of Trends is the newest addition to the design library of the wireframing/prototyping app UXPin. This ‘web design almanac’ takes an in-depth look at today’s hottest design trends and their best practices.
With new technology and new tastes, users will expect new web design techniques. Minimalist layouts, long-scrolling navigation, looping HD video backgrounds – these are just a few of the latest trends modern users want to see more of. Equal parts lookbook and ‘how-to’ manual, this ebook compiles everything into one handy volume.
This 185-page guide spans 10 chapters, each dedicated to a single trend. It’s thorough, yet practical and quick-reading. All the points are illustrated in 166 examples from companies including Squarespace, Google, AirBnB, Dropbox, Bauer, and Dribbble.
Topics in the e-book include:
- Advantages and disadvantages of each trend
- How minimalism improves responsive design
- Evolution of flat design into ‘flat 2.0’
- How to adapt to HD design techniques
- The dangers of the ‘above the fold’ myth
- When to use custom or stock photography
- The most interesting typography techniques
- How to use card patterns based on top companies
- How to add delight with interactions and animations
Take a look, and feel free to share if you find it helpful. Download this free ebook here.